Saturday 3 December 2011

Leaking Whip Cream Dispenser?

I don't make whip cream as much as I'd like anymore, but I always break out my whip cream maker for Thanksgiving desserts!  The family has come to expect fresh tasting whip cream and not the store bought stuff with all the preservatives and extra "stuff" you don't want to eat.

I've used the same Mosa brand whipper every year for the last 4-5 years and everything worked perfectly.  This time around I put in the heavy cream, couple table spoons of powdered sugar, 2-3 dashes of vanilla extract and screwed the top back on.  I gave it a few shakes to mix the contents and then used the charger holder to screw on the whipped cream charger.  To my surprise, the gas started to leak out through the sides of the top.  I immediately tried to tighten it to no avail.

I knew it had to be the gasket, so I removed the head pulled out the gasket.  The gasket had actually become hard after years of sitting in the cupboard.  I rinsed it with warm water and got it heated enough so it was a little softer.  I put the gasket back in, screwed the head back on and inserted another charger.  Voila...it worked!  This was a good short term fix, but I replaced the gasket so it's like new again.  These things pretty much last forever, but the little parts do occasionally need to be replaced.  You can get parts for your Mosa or Whip-It brand whipped cream dispenser here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Cream charger delivery

    ReplyDelete